The Taxation practice addresses all aspects of federal and state taxation, including providing advice to help minimize taxes in connection with domestic and international corporate transactions and investments, business formations and choice of entity decisions, executive compensation, business succession, trust and estate planning, and sales taxes. The Firm is experienced in handling federal and state tax controversy matters and ruling requests, including IRS and state tax audits, court proceedings and refund claims.
The Firm frequently advises and assists clients with respect to the formation and operation of tax-exempt and non-profit entities and planning related to charitable giving.
- Representation of taxpayer in United States Tax Court litigation, resolved favorably at the IRS Appeals level.
- Advice in connection with formation of a Chilean distribution subsidiary by a U.S. manufacturer.
- Advice on choice of entity and equity incentive plans for technology start-up corporation.
- Negotiation with New York State in connection with residency audit.
- Advice in connection with Florida sales tax nexus issues.
- Restructuring US/China manufacturing joint venture through Cayman Islands holding company structure.
- 1031 transactions involving exchange of New Jersey warehouse and manufacturing facilities.
- Formation of New Jersey Non-profit supporting organization for 501(c)(3) organization.
- Formation of 501(c)(3) organization and receipt of tax-exempt determination letter.
- IRS private letter ruling establishing generation skipping transfer tax exemption of trust.
- Favorable NJ private letter ruling regarding sales and use tax issue.