Graham Curtin has a diverse commercial real estate practice capable of providing counsel to our clients across a wide spectrum of transactions. In connection with the acquisition, financing, disposition and development of real property, whether for investment or use, our expertise includes structuring and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, options, leases, construction contracts, real estate loan workouts and tax-driven transactions such as 1031 like-kind exchanges. We also represent landlords and tenants negotiating building and ground leases for office, manufacturing, warehouse, multi-family and retail uses.
We represent an array of private owners, developers and investors, lenders, property managers, end-users and others and are equipped to handle all aspects of real estate and related matters from their genesis, to negotiating and documenting the transaction, conducting due diligence investigations including the coordination and oversight of environmental investigations, procuring land use approvals, and ultimately to closing.
Our attorneys are committed to understanding our client’s needs and expectations, and routinely work closely with tax, financial, appraisal, and other consultants in order to formulate fully integrated and creative solutions to often complex problems.
Recently, our real estate attorneys have represented clients in the following representative transactions:
- Represented purchaser in connection with the acquisition of a $30 million asset portfolio consisting of distressed loans and real estate owned (REO) assets from a national banking institution.
- Design and construction of a $100 million hotel tower on behalf of owner/operator.
- Acquisition of over 200 acres in southern California for utility sized thin-film photovoltaic solar plant.
- Sale of a northern New Jersey office building for software development company serving the pharmaceutical industry.
- Lease negotiation for retail space on 5th Avenue, New York, New York for international fashion retailer.
- Acquisition of option rights on 15 acre parcel in Philadelphia for future hotel and hospitality development.
- Lease of 45+ acres in northern New Jersey for industrial use with related grant of option for hydro-electric storage plant.
- Sale of the distribution warehouse and acquisition and development of a new distribution warehouse facility in southern New Jersey in a tax deferred 1031 exchange.
- Installation of a solar photovoltaic plant on an industrial building in central New Jersey on behalf of the tenant.
- Lease of 75,000 square foot production/warehouse facility on redeveloped land in Newark, New Jersey from national REIT.
- Acquisition of multiple buildings in a single transaction for high-tech optics company.
- Lease and build-out of retail space in Santa Clara, California for premium clothing retailer.
- Sale of heavy industrial use building in Perth Amboy, New Jersey.
- Oversight and coordination of time-sensitive and phased conveyance of 13 different commercial properties located in 11 different counties in 8 different states via 26 deeds as part of a major corporate restructuring.
- Lease negotiation for Tacoma, Washington warehouse for plastics manufacturer.
- Acquisition and development of 100,000 square foot research facility on blighted industrial land in northern New Jersey.
- Sale of a pair of tenant-occupied manufacturing buildings with over 300,000 square feet of combined manufacturing and warehousing space.