Patent and Trademark Prosecution, Litigation, Enforcement and Licensing+ Add to Portfolio Download PDF
The firm enables our clients to establish, manage, defend, and enforce their intellectual property rights. Our services include, as detailed below: prosecuting patent, trademark, and copyright applications; licensing and transactional advice; intellectual property opinions and audits; and litigating patent, trademark, trade secret, and unfair competition cases through trial and appeal.
The firm has an active litigation practice to enforce or defend our clients’ intellectual property in the United States District Courts, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and national and international arbitration organizations. Our litigators have more than 150 years of combined experience trying patent, trademark, trade secret, and unfair competition matters.
Our registered patent attorneys help clients identify, describe, and claim their inventions in a variety of fields, including electronics, computer software, and cloud computing; telecommunications; transportation; sports equipment; mechanical engineering; consumer products; and biotechnology/pharmaceuticals; and medical devices.
We prepare and prosecute dozens of patent applications every year in the United States and jurisdictions around the world through our extensive relationships with foreign counsel. Our patent clients hale from the United States as well as Canada, Europe, India, Israel, Japan, China, Taiwan, and elsewhere.
Our firm also prepares patent validity and infringement opinions involving a variety of technologies; some examples include: swept-source and femto-second lasers, silicon waveguides and time lenses, automated parking systems, amusement rides, golf shaft alignment, and SS-OCT and SD-OCT imaging systems.
Trademark and Copyright Registration
According to USPTO statistics, we have one of the largest trademark practices in New Jersey, though our clients are located throughout the world. We assist our clients in selecting, clearing, and obtaining trademark registrations in the United States and foreign jurisdictions too numerous to count.
Similarly, we advise our clients on the merits of obtaining copyright protection for original works, such as software, fashion patterns, jewelry design, and publications.
Licensing and Transactional Services
We help our clients negotiate and draft licenses of their patents, trademarks, and proprietary information. We have, moreover, implemented national and international licensing programs for companies in the fashion, golf, software, and grocery industries.
We also evaluate the patents, trademarks and other intellectual properties of third parties who seek to license or sell their properties to our clients, and negotiate appropriate agreements that fit our clients’ needs.
Some current and recent litigations handled by the firm include:
- lead counsel on behalf of a well-known developer of power supplies for portable electronic products in a patent infringement action against the largest American purveyor of smartphones in the Central District of California
- lead counsel in a patent infringement action in the District of New Jersey against the preeminent manufacturer of the nutritional supplement taurine
- representing patentees and petitioners in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- representation of both branded and generic pharmaceutical companies in ANDA patent cases
- trademark enforcement actions for a national grocery store chain and a leading sports representation firm
- trade secret action against the largest purveyor of personal computers in the United States which resulted in a multi-million dollar settlement
- domain name arbitrations
- TTAB cancellation and opposition proceedings