Our attorneys who focus on buying, selling, and merging companies have extensive legal and business experience covering the full spectrum of issues that may arise during these transactions. We have represented clients in small, middle-market, and large transactions, including mergers, stock and asset purchases, and leveraged buyouts. We have represented domestic and international buyers and sellers in a broad range of transactions encompassing virtually all industry groups, including manufacturing, retailing, service-based companies, and technology firms.
Our approach to client representation is team-oriented and draws on the extensive and diverse experience of our attorneys in other practice areas when needed. Our resources include attorneys with expertise in securities, tax issues, real estate law, employee benefits, labor and employment law and intellectual property rights. In all our buying, selling, and merger engagements with clients, we work closely with management from start to finish, and we assist in all aspects of the transaction.
Services provided by our mergers and acquisitions team:
- Providing advice on and developing transaction structures that best align with the client’s business objectives.
- Drafting and negotiating transaction terms, letters of intent, and all transaction documents.
- Assisting in due diligence investigations and advising on all substantive issues arising in the course of such investigations.
- Closing the transaction.
- Performing various functions related to the transaction subsequent to the closing, including completion of required federal, state, and local government filings.
- Providing ongoing advice after the closing on operational matters (for buyers) and tax and estate-planning strategies (for sellers).
Representative transactions include:
- Represented business media company in connection with the $40 million sale of its business and its European subsidiaries.
- Represented manufacturer of valve products in connection with the sale of the company and its European subsidiary.
- Represented manufacturer of optomechanical and optical instruments and components in domestic and cross-boarder strategic acquisitions of distressed companies.
- Represented manufacturer of plastic containers and closures in key strategic asset and stock acquisitions of companies located in New Jersey, Kentucky, Arizona and Virginia ranging from $15 million to $35 million, leading to our representation of the company in a $100 million corporate recapitalization in which ownership and management reinvested in the acquiring entity, and our subsequent representation of the recapitalized entity in the sale of such entity to a publicly traded company in a $500 million transaction.
- Represented manufacturer of tamper proof and safety seals and meter devices in connection with the divestiture of its joint ventures in Brazil, Spain and India, and in a $120 million cash out merger with a strategic partner.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in a $25 million strategic acquisition of a manufacturer of fire alarm equipment and systems, and in the divestiture of its converted films business.
- Represented French-owned companies in the establishment and acquisition of a United States based test and measurement company and a cosmetic company.
- Represented a Netherlands company in a series of investments in an amusement and concession operator for United States based theme parks and recreation venues.
- Represented the provider of subscription based and online global airline and airframe data and information in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Canadian and United States wholly-owned subsidiaries of a United Kingdom holding company in which the client received $10 million in cash and preferred equity in the parent holding company.