Mr. Laughlin’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law and intellectual property licensing and transactions. Mr. Laughlin has extensive experience counseling growth-oriented companies in connection with expansion opportunities, having served as lead counsel coordinating the legal aspects of expansions ranging from the establishment of new business subsidiaries in different states (including site acquisition, project finance, construction documentation, local governmental agreements and joint venture agreements) to core business expansions financed through the private placement of equity and debt securities. Mr. Laughlin also utilizes his technical background on behalf of manufacturers and technology-based companies, whom he counsels on intellectual property licensing, technology development and transfer issues, and trademark and copyright matters.
Mr. Laughlin’s clients include companies in the hospitality and entertainment, manufacturing, retail and technology sectors.
- New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1995
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982
- Bucknell University, B.A. (major in chemistry), 1979
- American Bar Association (member, Business Law Section)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (member, Banking and Corporate Law Sections)