Mr. Collins concentrates his practice in family law and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction industry disputes and legal malpractice. Over the course of his 32 year career, he has tried numerous cases in the State and Federal courts and in various arbitration settings, and has the distinction of being one of only four attorneys in New Jersey to have been qualified by the Supreme Court as both a Certified Civil Trial Attorney and a Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney. He has argued approximately one hundred appeals to the Superior Court, Appellate Division, and has appeared before the New Jersey Supreme Court on six occasions. Mr. Collins is attorney of record in sixteen published decisions, and has lectured on behalf of the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Education. Mr. Collins has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers since 2005, the year of the program’s inception. As a matrimonial attorney with substantial trial experience and recognition as an authority in the field, Mr. Collins specializes in guiding his clients to fair and cost effective results.
- New Jersey, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1998
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, 2011
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 1984
- Seton Hall University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1981