Mr. Jones has been with the firm since 1983, becoming a member in 1986. He has spent his entire career as a litigator, with special concentration in appellate, product liability, patent and commercial matters. He appears regularly in both federal and state courts.
Mr. Jones has argued appeals before the Federal Circuit and Third Circuit Courts of Appeals, the New Jersey Supreme Court, and the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division. He has been involved in a number of cases that resulted in published decisions, including the following noteworthy matters: Campos v. Firestone Tire and Rubber Co., 98 N.J. 198 (1984); Ladner v. Mercedes-Benz of North America, Inc., 266 N.J. Super. 481 (App. Div. 1993); Weiss v. Mercedes-Benz of North America, Inc., 899 F. Supp. 1297 (D.N.J. 1995), aff’d, 66 F.3d 314 (3d Cir. 1995); and Weiss v. Carpenter, Bennett & Morrissey, 143 N.J. 420 (1996).
Mr. Jones has also served as a member of a special Supreme Court committee examining and recommending changes to Rules 1.13, 4.2 and 4.3 of the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- New Jersey, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1983
- New York, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1996
- Boston University, J.D., cum laude, 1978
- Yale University, A.B., cum laude, 1974
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association