Christopher J. Carey is a Shareholder in Graham Curtin, A Professional Association, with offices in Morristown, New Jersey, where he concentrates in professional liability, ethics and civil litigation. A Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, Mr. Carey is a member of the American, New Jersey State and New York State Bar Associations, as well as DRI, ABOTA, ABPLA, PLDF and PLUS. He served as counsel for the City Council of the City of New York and for the Mental Health Information Service for the Supreme Court, State of New York, Appellate Division, Second Department.
Mr. Carey has served as Chair of the Malpractice Insurance Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He was a Member of the Lawyers’ Professional Liability Standing Committee of the American Bar Association, and is currently a Member of the Insurance Benefits Committee, the Blue Ribbon Committee on Professional Malpractice, and the Amicus Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association. Additionally, Mr. Carey has served as a Member of the Supreme Court of New Jersey’s Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Malpractice Insurance. He is Co-Chair of the Real Estate Committee of the Professional Liability Defense Association and a Member of the Professional Liability Committee for DRI.
Mr. Carey has been an Adjunct Professor of Products Liability, Torts, Torts II, Remedies and Equity at Seton Hall University School of Law and has lectured on professional liability issues for the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, the New Jersey State Bar Association and other bar associations. He is the author of “Naked Prey” which appeared in the New Jersey Lawyer.
Mr. Carey received his B.A. from Fordham University and his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law.
Mr. Carey was selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers®, published by Thomson Reuters, for the years 2005 through 2016.
- New Jersey, 1983
- New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1984
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Northern and Western
- Districts of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1999
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Fordham University, B.A., 1978
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Chair, Malpractice Insurance Committee, 2002-2003)
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Member, Lawyers’ Professional Liability Committee)
- American Board of Trial Attorneys (ABOTA)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation