After many years with Fish & Neave, Mr. Quinn joined Graham Curtin in 2005 to continue his practice in the trial and appeal of patent, trademark, trade secret, and complex commercial matters. He has appeared in federal and state courts throughout the United States on behalf of companies in the machine vision, bar code, electronics, semiconductor, software, pharmaceutical, apparel, food, golf, medical instrument, and other industries.
Among other matters, Mr. Quinn is currently pressing a patent infringement action against the largest American purveyor of smart phones in the Central District of California, and defending the asserted patent in an inter partes review proceeding before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. He is also leading a patent infringement action against a preeminent manufacturer of the nutritional supplement taurine. A full list of his significant current and past litigations is available on request.
Mr. Quinn also regularly advises clients on patent and trademark protection, clearance, and licensing matters, and has established and enforced a national and international licensing program in the golf industry.
He has lectured at meetings of the American Intellectual Property Law Association and has published the following works:
- “Depositions in Patent Cases” (Chapter 11), Patent Litigation Strategies Handbook (BNA Books 2000)
- “U.S. High Court Rewrites Deadline for Filing Patents,” IP Worldwide (March/April 1999)
Mr. Quinn has received a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV Preeminent.
- New Jersey, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1989
- New York, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2004
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Rutgers College, B.A., 1977, Henry Rutgers Scholar
- New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association