is to advocate
for our clients.
Estate, Trust and Probate
Our clients include banks, trust companies and other professional fiduciaries, individual fiduciaries, business owners, individuals and families.
The Trusts & Estates practice is impacted by frequently changing tax laws and our attorneys are committed to:
- providing exceptional client service that is both cost efficient and flexible; and
- delivering peace of mind and stability in a constantly changing environment
The experience and professionalism of our Trusts & Estates attorneys serves to navigate our institutional clients through fiduciary issues in administrations and terminations of trusts, to promote settlement and to avoid or reduce litigation.
Our Trusts and Estates attorneys guide our individual clients through the complex and emotional issues associated with making important decisions that will impact their personal and financial interests and affect their family and their business.
Our Trusts & Estates attorneys provide wide-ranging services in the following areas:
- Lifetime Disability Planning: Powers of Attorney; Health Care Powers of Attorney and Living Wills; Deeds and transfer on death planning
- Traditional Estate Planning: Last Will and Testaments; Revocable Trusts/Living Trusts; Irrevocable Trusts; Life Insurance Trusts and planning; and gifting strategies to minimize estate and inheritance tax
- Fiduciaries: Representation of Executors, Administrators and Trustees in Estate and Trust administration; informal and formal settlement of accountings, tax controversies
- Surrogate’s Court and Probate Court proceedings and litigation: Representation of beneficiaries and fiduciaries in estate litigation or mediation and contested probate and trust proceedings
- Disability: Special Needs Trusts, Medicaid Compliance, Guardianship proceedings and Guardianship administration
- Tax: Gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax planning, Estate and Inheritance Tax preparation, IRS and New Jersey tax audit representation for Estates and Trusts
- Business: Wealth transfer advice, business succession advice and business planning; intergenerational wealth transfers through sales, use of Grantor Trusts or reorganization of closely held business entities, buy/sell agreements, business formation, and corporate tax issues
- Marital/Families: Prenuptial agreements and name change proceedings
- Charity and Philanthropy: Charitable planning including the creation of Charitable Lead and Charitable Remainder Trusts and establishment of Private Foundations to achieve philanthropic objectives